Once you’ve made the transition from Toastmasters guest to Toastmasters member, soon you will receive two essential Toastmasters manuals in the mail which will facilitate your success as a toastmaster: Competent Communication (CC) and Competent Leadership (CL) Manuals.
Next steps you need to do:
- Talk to VPM to make an appointment with the club induction officer.
- Talk to the Mentor Coordinator (or VPM) to ask for a mentor, an experienced Toastmaster to help you with meeting roles and speeches.
- Do not wait until your manuals to arrive. You can start your first speech (ice breaker) immediately and take a role in every meeting. If you have not received your CC manuals you can download the CC Project 1 – ice breaker manual in here
- Study Project 1 in Competent Communication and the evaluation guide at the end of the project.
- Secure your spot for speech or any role in a meeting by signing up your name in the agenda
In preparing your speech :
- Use stories, examples and anecdotes to craft a speech.
- Don’t overwhelm your audience with too much information.
- Practice speaking. Practice often.
- Begin and end every speech strongly.