Once you’ve made the transition from Toastmasters guest to Toastmasters member you can access the Toastmasters International Website and select your Pathways Curriculum. (Pathways is the Toastmasters Education Program.)
Next steps you need to do:
- Talk to VPM to make an appointment with the club induction officer.
- Talk to the Mentor Coordinator (or VPM) to ask for a mentor, an experienced Toastmaster to help you with meeting roles and speeches.
- Study Project 1 in your Pathways Program.
- Secure your spot for speech or any role in a meeting by signing up your name in the agenda
In preparing your speech :
- Use stories, examples and anecdotes to craft a speech.
- Don’t overwhelm your audience with too much information.
- Practice speaking. Practice often.
- Begin and end every speech strongly.