Being a Toastmaster means more than simply making a commitment to your self- development. Everyone who joins a Toastmasters club is making a commitment to their club, its members and to the organisation as a whole.
This Toastmaster Promise shows that each member is committed to improving their communication skills and also committed to the other members of the club.
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise …
- To attend all club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my speeches to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Communication and Leadership Program manual or the Advanced Communication and Leadership Program manuals
- To willingly prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To willingly serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
As you can see, we are committed to help each other – and just as you Promise to become involved with the Club life (as above), you will receive the same support from other Club members. In this way the Club enjoys a positive atmosphere of growth where all members contribute and receive from the Club.